Tuesday, January 31, 2006

self-portrait tuesday



I was born when my dad was 60 years old. He died when I was 19. I don't feel like I really got to know him, he was too old and I was too young to care. The mental picture I now have of who he was it's made of little trivial things I remember about him, stories I've heard of him and some facts that I've added up in my head. My whole life I've heard how much I resemble my dad's side of the family. I was never close to them, my uncles and aunts were very old, my cousins were in their twenties when I was a child so I really didn't fit in. I got this picture as a wedding present. My father, the first one on the left in the middle row, was 14 years old here. The rest are my grandparents and all of my dad's siblings of whom I met only 3. I have stared at this picture a few times to see if I can find something of myself in them or in my dad. All I can see is my nose.

More self-portratit tuesday bloggers here and here.

Comments:
Maybe the nose you saw was your reflection on the glass... is it framed? :-p
 
My father died also when I was 19 ! Sometimes I think how much I miss him and I'm sad because he don't have the chance to know my son Louis ! But the few things I can remember about him are the best !!
 
Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?